1st Shift Production Operator
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next 2nd Shift Production Operator!
We are currently seeking a reliable, hard-working production operators for both our Insulating Glass and Cutting & Tempering Departments! In this role, you will be a valuable part of our production team, ensuring our production quotas are met in a timely fashion while observing the highest standards of safety and quality. You will need to be reliable and punctual, able to perform physical tasks that are repetitive, and lift up to 75lbs on a regular basis. We are offering a $1,000 Sign On Bonus, paid out after 30 days of employment, and an hourly rate of $16.05.
First Shift - Monday - Thursday 6am - 4pm, Friday 6am - Noon.
Second Shift - Monday - Thursday 4pm - 2am, Friday Noon - 5pm. Second shift is eligible for a $1.25 shift premium.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate various glass manufacturing pieces of equipment in a safe manner, while meeting production goals.
- Perform basic machine operation functions such as loading/unloading of product while maintaining appropriate production records.
- Assist in the development and application of training materials including standard work guides, troubleshooting guides, and other best practice documentation.
- Assist in the coordination of planned and unplanned maintenance activities in a manner that minimizes production downtime.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of equipment failures and downtime causes to improve productivity.
- Assist in determining productive uses of downtime.
The Experience You Will Bring
- This position requires a lot of bending, twisting, and reaching, as well as standing and walking on concrete floors wearing steel-toed shoes for long periods at a time.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail, safety, and quality oriented.
- Proven strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated track record of dependability, initiative, and a positive attitude toward co-workers and the job
- Proven track record of being self-motivated and a quick learner.
- Availability to work various shift (days and nights) and overtime.
- Demonstrated understanding of units of measure and be able to perform general mathematical equations.
- Lift up to 75lbs on a regular basis.
What Will Put You Ahead
Glass Industry Experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf