The Georgia-Pacific corrugated packaging facility in Augusta, GA is looking for a motivated maintenance professional to join our team as a Maintenance Technician. In this position, you will be utilizing your knowledge and skills around electrical and mechanical maintenance, while building a fulfilling career in the packaging industry. If you enjoy hands-on work where you can make a direct impact to your company and community, this may be the opportunity for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing machinery and mechanical equipment including motors, controls, PLC’s, drive systems, hydraulic/pneumatic components, and power transmission systems.
- Utilizing diagrams, schematics, sketches, operations manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications in order to maintain and properly fix machinery issues.
- Lubricating equipment as needed, as well as identifying and communicating opportunities to improve the lube program through improved techniques, technology, and knowledge sharing.
You need to be:
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work in elevated spaces and/or confined spaces
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in at least one or more of the following:
- Two (2) years or more of industrial maintenance experience or industrial military experience -OR-
- Two (2) years of formal maintenance mechanical training (technical college/trade school or military)
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience working with hydraulic & pneumatic systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience troubleshooting PLCs
- Experience with proper lubrication techniques and oil analysis procedures
- Experience working with AC motors to 460 V and DC drives
- Experience with fabrication and/or welding
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf