Georgia-Pacific’s Containerboard mill in Toledo, OR is seeking qualified individuals to consider for their Maintenance Engineer. The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for reliability and operational strategies for the mill’s Power, Recovery and Recaust assets and work closely with maintenance, engineering, pulp mill, and paper machine departments.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create and lead an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in Environmental, Health and Safety. Ensure excellence in the areas of chemical process safety and process safety management
- Lead and mentor employees to apply MBM in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles
- Lead the effort to identify, investigate, recommend and implement equipment improvements, new systems and process changes that will improve productivity, yield, quality and/or reduce costs
- Execute and optimize Georgia-Pacific reliability and asset strategies for technology center
- Provide technical expertise and transfer knowledge to facilitate rapid transformation to eliminate root causes failures causing unplanned downtime while sustaining an expedited management of change process
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of safety, asset reliability, cost optimization, quality capability, productivity, environmental excellence and strategic capital planning and execution
- Obtain Engineering and Project Management resources on capital improvement projects
- Position team for year-over-year continuous improvement
- Interface with Shift Leaders, Technician Capabilities Leader, Skill Developers and operators/technicians to identify and address knowledge and performance gaps in their technical center
- Work with support personnel resolving short term reliability issues
- Coordination planning for annual outages while ensuring reliability remains a key focus
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a Project Manager in a manufacturing environment
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) years or more experience in the specific area of Kraft recovery process
- Five (5) years or more Boiler and/or Turbine Generator experience
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis techniques
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf