Maintenance Area Leader
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Area Leader to join our Cedar Springs, GA containerboard facility. The Maintenance Area Leader is responsible for planning, directing, and guiding the business goals, plans, and processes for the maintenance department. This leader will use knowledge to develop and carry out objectives, solve problems, and be able to respond to short-term as well as long term department mill goals.
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with three paper machines that make different weights of brown paper & containerboard paper. The Cedar Springs Mill, located in the southwest corner of Georgia approximately 28 miles from Dothan, Alabama. Dothan is the 6th largest city in the state of Alabama with a population of about 70,000. From Dothan, you are only 90 miles from the beautiful Gulf Coast. You can easily drive to 3 capital cities in 3 1/2 hours or less. You are just 1.5 hours from Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. Additionally, Dothan has several parks, restaurants and local entertainment activities. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be a safety steward to prioritize employees’ health and safety
- Develop business relationships and be a strategic part of the mill leadership team
- Partner closely with Operating Area Leaders to advance mill results
- Accountable for employee and organizational development plans and people management strategies
- Demonstrate functional leadership skills to engage a workforce with a diverse background of knowledge & experience
- Foster and develop culture based on our Market Based Management (MBM®) Philosophy
- Demonstrate strong functional knowledge of maintaining equipment used in the paper manufacturing process
- Responsible for establishing and administering maintenance expenses and capital work and managing against plans including explanation of variances
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Seven (7) or more years of management experience in an industrial, manufacturing/production operations or military environment
- Three (3) years or more of work experience in a maintenance environment
- Experience leading improvement efforts in reliability, predictive and preventative maintenance
- Experience leading root cause failure analysis
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Seven (7) or more years of work experience in a maintenance field
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry
- Experience working in a union environment
- Experience with and working knowledge of Distributed Control Systems (DCS), AC/DC Variable Speed Drives, Loop Controls, Schweitzer relays, Analytical Instrumentation, Control Valves, Motor Circuits, AC/DC Motors, Control Networks, Machine Drives and Power Distribution
Since 1963, the Cedar Springs mill team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Creating value for our customers and for society is the ultimate goal for our business, and one of our comparative advantages is our ability to do so is through our employees. Georgia-Pacific is committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally-conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.