MOLDING INSPECTOR- 3RD SHIFT
To oversee the assigned production area to complete 1st piece inspection and act as a roving quality inspector during the shift to address quality concerns and verify parts are meeting appearance and functional requirements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Evaluate and gauge 1st piece inspection on each and every shift
Throughout the shift, go to all molding, assembly or plating stations to methodically inspect parts
- Participate in Six Sigma/Kaizen continuous improvement activities directly related to reduction of parts in GP-12
- Conduct LPA’s of various processes throughout the plant
- Make quality calls in department and in plant
- Partner with the quality team to lead sort activity in molding
- Communicate issues and rejects to molding and quality teams
The Experience You Will Bring
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality standards, quality inspections, and written quality requirements
- Ability to organize tasks and effectively communicate quality issues/concerns to Team Members
- Basic computer skills for entry of quality sorting data, scrap data, production reporting, scrap/yield reporting, and quality alerts
- Possess a working knowledge of quality standards in molding, plating, paint, and assembly, and have the ability to train and mentor others with regard to quality standards
- Ability to lead problem solving/fast response activities and bring closure to open issues within the plant
- Ability to stand or walk on concrete floor for 8+ hours; lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Requires hand, arm, back, and leg strength, also bending and squatting ability
- Must have eye, foot, and hand coordination, and be able to do repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine motor manipulation
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperatures & perform work indoors / outdoors as needed
- Must wear steel-toed shoes or boots
- Must have regular and predictable attendance
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf