Field Service Specialist/Technician II - Florida/Alabama Region
Field Service Specialist/Technician
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is looking for a Field Service Specialist/Technician in Tampa/Orlando, FL.
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Perform checkout, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning/ startup of a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment for our manufactured and packaged equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limit to: pumps, motors, valves, actuators, and transmitters, emission monitoring equipment, recorders, and programmable logic controllers (PLC). Specialist will be required to install, navigate, troubleshoot and alter all types of PLC’s (programmable controllers) PID loop controllers, VFD’s, HMI’s, and other control devices
- Provide phone and on-line technical support for other JZ Technicians and customers
- Provide end user training and participates in cross training within the service department
- Provides recommendations on retrofit/modifications to existing equipment
- Carries a company cell phone and is on call for customer service as needed
- Completes all required service ticket information and gets customer acceptance of services and parts provided
- Generates/ modifies technical documents/ Drawings to represent final field changes and corrections for commissioning of equipment
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- This role requires extensive travel within the US, mainly Florida and Alabama. 75-85% travel should be expected.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, reach lift overhead, and sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds of weight
- Must be able to hear distinct sounds, visualize all colors of spectrum and visually see up close and at distance.
- This work is in outdoor environment and long workdays on occasion.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ year experience understanding and apply National Electrical code (NEC)
- 2+ year experience reading and understand P&ID’s, fabrication drawings, and electrical schematics
- Understanding of computer applications
- 3+ year experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Electrical and mechanical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills in English both oral and written
- Demonstrated safe work habits in an industrial environment
- Proven Mechanical Aptitude and ability to work independent to solve problems
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) year technical degree or 1 year electrical or equivalent in a relevant field or military service
- A TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) will have to obtained within first six (6) weeks of employment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Past work history traveling for work related functions.
- 5+ years’ experience working on all types of industrial, electrical and electronic equipment including, but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, transmitters and PLC equipment
- 5+ years’ experience with electrical troubleshooting, including the ability to read schematics and wiring programs
- 5+ years’ experience with safety, OSHA and NFPA 70E
- Experience troubleshooting experience with 120, 220, 480 VAC, and 24VDC wiring and circuits
- Experience with Allen Bradley Control Logix, RS Linx, and GE Rx3i Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Capability of programming, calibrating and configuring 4-20 MA loop devices.
- Two (2) or Four (4) year technical degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf