First Article Inspector
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company is an end-to-end provider of innovation, development and manufacturing solutions. Our Medford, Wisconsin location is seeking a First Article Inspector to support manufacturing of injection molded parts and assembly.
What you will do in your role.
- Complete first article inspection per customer specifications and maintain appropriate records
- Responsible for measuring parts and reporting any findings to engineering for submission to customer in support of all validation activities or as otherwise requested
- Identify the appropriate measurement method and create measurement work instructions
- Design go/no go gauges and holding fixtures in conjunction with Quality Engineering
- Coordinate, perform, and maintain calibration procedures
- Verify tool changes and process dimensions after tool modifications
- Perform complete or partial dimensional layout on tooling, pad print tooling, inspection fixtures, and gauges
- Utilize appropriate statistic software as well as Microsoft software
- Perform capabilities studies, gauge repeatability and reproducibility analysis
- Provide statistical reports reflecting process control, process capability, and gauge repeatability
- Understand and utilize geometric tolerancing
The experience you will bring.
- ASQ certification or equivalent experience (CMI) preferred
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Demonstrable working knowledge of CMM (coordinate measuring machine), Vision System and other precision measuring equipment
- Ability to apply SPC (Statistical Process Control) and GD (Geometric Dimensioning) and T (Tolerancing)
- Degree in a related technical field preferred or 2 years mix of education and experience
- 2+ years of quality related experience
Shift:8 Hour First Shift
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
This position does not qualify for VISA sponsorshipIn order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf