Assistant Plant Manager
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Assistant Plant Manager for our new lumber mill in Albany, GA. The Assistant Plant Manager is responsible for leading and supporting plant operations and maintenance. You will be responsible for all facets of the operational facility; continuously improving operations through GAP identification and talent development.It is imperative that you be able to communicate effectively, providing vision and clear expectations throughout the organization.Validate retention and understanding through continuous floor.You will be responsible for managing numerous performances & reliability improvement initiatives and projects to achieve desired results.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build and maintain effective relationship with Operations & Maintenance to ensure that all are working towards the same vision and goal.
- Provide direction to team to successfully execute the maintenance, operation & planning (MPO) process
- Create a culture that drives ownership and continuous improvement at all operational and maintenance level
- Direct the supervision of all plant operational & maintenance functions.
- Develop and implement predictive and preventive maintenance strategies throughout the plant to ensure that equipment reliability is effective and minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Work with maintenance to schedule, and execute maintenance activities to maximize availability of equipment and meet specific needs for our customers
- Provide support for troubleshooting and resolving daily problems. Analyzing bad actors to identify priorities for the group.
- Create and execute plans to meet changing needs of the operation
- Develop the technical competency of his/her team
- Apply knowledge of innovative technology available, industry trends and development to improve the operation
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- Seven (7) or more years of operational experience, in wood products manufacturing
- Seven (7) or more years of supervisory experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience in lumber manufacturing operations
- Experience routinely utilizing Root Cause Analysis or other similar problem-solving tools to improve operations.
- Working knowledge and experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, dusty, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and promote and enforce safe work practices.
- Working experience with MS Word and Excel, and other PC based operations and maintenance programs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
- Experience with MP2
- Experience leading other management-level employees in an organization
- Experience in developing and implementing organizational strategies
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf