1st Shift Glass Handler
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next 1st Shift Glass Handler!
We are currently seeking a reliable, hard-working Glass Handler! In this role, you will be a valuable part of our Shipping and Receiving Team, ensuring our production quotas are met in a timely fashion while observing the highest standards of safety and quality. You will need to be reliable and punctual, able to perform physical tasks that are repetitive, and lift up to 75lbs on a regular basis.We are offering a $1,000 Sign On Bonus, paid out after 30 days of employment, and an hourly rate of $16.05.
First Shift - Monday - Thursday 6am - 4pm, Friday 6am - Noon.
Second Shift - Monday - Thursday 4pm - 2am, Friday Noon - 5pm. Second shift is eligible for a $1.25 shift premium.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate various material handling equipment such as fork trucks and pallet jacks in a safe and productive manner.
- Perform basic computer functions such as BOL creation and inventory tracking.
- Assist in the development and application of training materials including standard work guides, troubleshooting guides, and other best practice documentation.
- Responsible for tracking and processing all outstanding sales and purchase orders.
- Arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure material is delivered as per schedule.
- Reviews expediting schedules on all customer orders. Obtains and forwards information to planning and sales teams.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3 years shipping/receiving experience in a team environment (Preferred)
- General computer skills including MS Office products.
- This position requires bending, twisting, and reaching, as well as standing and walking on concrete floors wearing steel-toed shoes for long periods at a time.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail, safety, and quality oriented.
- Proven strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated track record of dependability, initiative, and a positive attitude toward co-workers and the job
- Proven track record of being self-motivated and a quick learner.
- Availability to work various shift (days and nights) and overtime.
- Demonstrated understanding of units of measure and be able to perform general mathematical equations.
- Lift up to 75lbs on an occasional basis.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf