Process Control Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is a known industry leader with roughly 200 facilities and 35,000 world-class employees who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo, and create value. We make products that are part of your everyday life. We are one of the world’s leading producers of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, building products, and related chemicals. If you are self-driven with a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence, and product quality, we’re looking for people like you.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking motivated and inquisitive individuals to consider for our Process Control Engineering Center of Excellence based within the Collaboration & Support Center located at Tech Square Labs in Midtown-Atlanta, GA.
In our efforts to provide greater remote support to GP manufacturing facilities, we are excited to announce Georgia-Pacific’s Process Control Center of Excellence. This team partners with operating facilities by providing process control support across multi-disciplines of expertise (GP and Vendors) to achieve scalability across manufacturing sites and businesses. The team uses the best available technology with an enterprise wide approach and primarily focuses in the areas of Asset Health, Process Safety, and Process Optimization.
Individuals in this space will need good technical skills, communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team to solve problems. This center will evolve and grow through time so the ability to be flexible and adapt as the Process Control Center of Excellence adapts to business needs will be a key capability. A successful individual in this role must be willing to take personal initiative to understand unit operations, gain relevant knowledge, engage Subject Matter Experts and must be able to work both individually and as a part of a team in a dynamic environment. He / she must also be responsible and responsive to the needs of the sites that operate 24/7.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Display knowledge of and the ability to leverage experience in Pulp and Paper manufacturing processes to optimize performance. Processes include chemical recovery, chemical wood pulping, power and utilities, gauging systems, wastewater treatment and environmental controls.
- Provide demonstrated leadership of the application of process control techniques.
- Must be able to work closely with mill and corporate personnel to identify opportunities and create value for the shareholders.
- Support of multiple mills and process control systems in all of the areas in which these systems are installed.
- Support of process operations, through both the application of the process control systems and general troubleshooting of the processes.
- Development of process control advancements that lead to improved safety, reduced costs, and improved efficiency.
- Support the growth of analytics and the collection of data, application of historian systems, and the application of systems to reduce process interventions.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- 3 or more years of experience with capital projects and optimization activities.
- 3 or more years of experience with process support.
- Practical experience supporting process control systems via local and remote networks.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel to extract and analyze large data sets.
- Willing and able to travel at least 40% domestically (travel may vary)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Engineering and application experience with process control systems such as: Allen Bradley PLCs; Delta V; ABB 800 XA; Honeywell TDC 3000; or Experion DCS
- Experience with network technology • Experience with Model adaptive predictive controls
- Experience with supporting process control systems in each area of a Pulp and Paper mill.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.