Engineering Master Data Steward
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company, is seeking an Engineering Master Data Steward with regional responsibilities for setting up and providing engineering master data governance.
We are seeking an experienced individual who will contribute to establishing new global master data objects and provide governance to a regional team on plant specific master data objects.
The individual will train and audit a reginal team of Program Specialists on plant-based master data objects and the manufacturing transfer process.
This person can be based out of any Phillips-Medisize EU location, but reports in to the Corporate office in Hudson, WI.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Creating training material in line with the governance established for master data.
- Developing load templates to automate data processes.
- Managing product launch processes for new customer programs.
- Auditing facility master data maintenance.
- Developing governance strategies for data objects and naming conventions.
- Creating and maintaining procedures, instructions and quick reference guides.
- Develop virtualization strategies for new processes and programs.
- Supporting compliance and computer software validation audits.
- Compiling of test scripts and executing tests to validate the integrity of the master data process and manufacturing transfer effectiveness.
- Execution of mass data maintenance under protocol.
- Provide support to the Program Specialists on any issues relating to setting up or changing master data objects.
- Support of data migration for acquisitions.
- Support plants on transferring and extending master data.
- Developing audit profiles to create business rules for automated data quality compliance.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ Years Data Management experience in manufacturing, preferably in the medical device industry.
- A problem solver and strong analytics skills using data extracts.
- Experience in engineering change management activities including manufacturing transfer processes.
- Experience of Materials, BOMs, Routings, and Production Versions and establishing these to reflect a planned work flow.
- Ability to work and communicate across cross functional teams.
- Experience with creating and establishing best practices for master data governance.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Industrial/manufacturing engineering principles including lean 6 sigma and systems integrations.
- Understanding of systems accounting (material pricing, costing, purchase orders, sales orders, project accounting).