NPI Project Engineer
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies – NPI Project Engineer
Genesis has a unique new opportunity for an experienced NPI Project Engineer looking to contribute to a truly unique business environment. You will help us build a world-class manufacturing and assembly operation, producing industry disruptive robotic motion technologies. The ideal candidate will have a creative approach to problem solving and can help guide us as we commercialize our inventive core actuation (electric motors, gears, combined actuators) technologies.
You will be pivotal in developing best practices as we scale our manufacturing capability and capacity. Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, you will be the primary project representative and interface for Manufacturing & Operations with Engineering, Program Management, and other functions within the company.
You will collaborate with high-calibre manufacturing and program management professionals as well as a talented array of engineers from multiple disciplines to introduce new product designs to manufacturing.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Act as NPI launch manager for the Operations team
- Be the point of contact between Ops and the Program Management Office
- Support the development of our manufacturing strategy
- Participate in the development and on-going refinement of the company NPI and launch process
- Manage deliverables/documents associated with the NPI, MRL (manufacturing readiness level) assessments, and process development
- Work in close collaboration with the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering function to identify issues, concerns, and opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate prototype build activities
- Demonstrate and enhance the company’s key Guiding Principles of Humility, Self-Actualization, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Respect, Knowledge, Integrity, and Stewardship & Compliance
The Experience You Will Bring
- 8+ years of experience in engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in New Product Introduction initiatives
- Competency in solid modelling software such as Solidworks, Inventor, or similar
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- 2+ years of experience with PFMEA, AQP, and other quality management processes and tools
- Engineering degree or technical diploma with relevant manufacturing work experience
- Strong communication, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders and functions
What Will Put You Ahead
- Formal project management training or experience
- Experience in the manufacturing of electric motors is an asset
- Experience in the manufacturing of rotating equipment and gearing is an asset
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 100+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg