Flint Hills Resources is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician at their ethanol plant in Shell Rock, IA. In this role, you will use your problem solving and technical skills to repair and troubleshoot on equipment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Repair and maintain machinery and equipment including but not limited to: pumps, rolling stock, electrical components, tanks and vessels and pipe welding, heat exchanges, grain/elevator equipment, building and grounds, and other various equipment
- Preventative maintenance and minor repairs on wheeled equipment at the plant
- Support efforts to maximize production through creative problem solving, adaptation, and correction of process bottlenecks
- Focus on continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
- Complete work orders and document the time, tasks and parts/supplies needed to complete the project
- Maintain updated documentation of all machinery and equipment changes
This role is subject to pre-employment physical abilities test
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, kneeling, crawling and grasping. Standing for extended periods of time, walking up to one (1) mile per day, and data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to push up to 90lbs
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
- Ability to climb up to 200ft
- Ability to grip up to 100lbs
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (Hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience as a multi-craft maintenance technician OR technical degree from accredited school
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to read technical work orders, drawings and schematics
- Valid and current government issued driver’s license
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work an on-call rotating schedule
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures for centrifuges, drying equipment, boilers, cooling towers, chillers, air compressors, pumps, valves, electrical circuits and equipment and 4-20 milliamp instrumentation
- AAS Degree preferred in Mechanical, Heating/Cooling, Electrical, Building Trades/Maintenance, Environmental Controls and/or Certified Welder
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf