Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Operations Manager to provide strategic direction, support and development of our corrugated packaging facility in Asheboro, NC. The person selected for this role should have a thorough understanding of process improvement, demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate and engage others. The ideal candidate will be self-driven individuals with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus.
To learn more about the GP Corrugated Business, check out these videos/links:
What You Will Do In Your Role
This position will provide leadership on the operating floor striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality. Also responsible for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills; addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production.
- Advance our company culture, Market Based Management
- Identify and align operational priorities with commercial business vision - ensure production and delivery of the highest quality products at the lowest costs, consistent with customer requirements, company plans and profit objectives
- Partner with plant leadership to enhance facility performance and metrics - lead and facilitate continuous improvement initiatives and develop innovative practices, methods and procedures that add value for the facility
- Creating and maintaining a cohesive team of leaders and providing coaching and development; accomplish objectives through leading others
- Creating and maintaining a positive work environment for all employees. Spending time on the floor engaging with employees and overseeing plant operations as appropriate.
- Identifying and implementing systems and equipment upgrades and improvements to drive long term value creation
- Understanding and being able to interpret and analyze financial and operating statements
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a supervisory or lead role in a manufacturing, military or industrial environment
- A minimum of one (1) year or more of experience with reliability concepts (ex. asset strategies)
- Experience with financial analysis/economic thinking around plant production costs
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel (create/modify spreadsheets), Word (create/modify documents), and PowerPoint (prepare/present presentations), and Outlook (email correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Three (3) or more years of corrugated manufacturing operations leadership experience with multiple direct reports
- Continuous improvement experience and/or education
- Knowledge of equipment servicing, planning/scheduling, supply chain management, mechanical maintenance, plant engineering, quality and corrugator/converting processes and equipment
- Experience leading and facilitating significant operational and cultural change with proven results; demonstrated track record at building a cohesive team and creating a positive work environment
- Experience with statistical analysis
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf