Pulp Mill Area Leader
Georgia-Pacific Brewton LLC is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader in the area of Pulp Mill, Bleach Plant, Recaustisizing, and Wood Yard operations.The successful candidate in this role will be responsible for leading daily operations, providing direction in operations excellence performance in the areas of safety, environmental compliance, customer satisfaction, reliability, cost, productivity, yield, organizational effectiveness, and strategic planning.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership in the achievement of improved performance in the areas of safety, environmental compliance, customer satisfaction, organizational effectiveness, cost management and asset utilization in the pulping operations area, consistent with the business principles and organization culture
- Responsible for daily pulp mill production, driving year-over-year improvement in pulp mill reliability, productivity, and cost competitiveness.
- Providing leadership consistent with business principles to facilitate the development of oneself and personnel to improve operational performance of the department and facility.
- Investigating, recommending, and implementing new equipment or process changes and/or modifications that will improve operations, productivity, and reduce costs.
- Accountable for the operating and maintenance expenses in the department.
- Facilitating planning and organization for proper maintenance and upkeep of area equipment.
- Using Reliability concepts (i.e. root cause failure analysis, operator basic care) and critical thinking skills to effectively troubleshoot and solve complex operating issues.
- Collaborating with support teams, accelerate the training, development and certification of production employees, coach department personnel on use of new tools for execution of work processes, and provide direction to area Optimizer, O/M Gatekeeper, Asset Availability Leader (AAL) and crew leaders, as well as Project, Process Control, Process and Reliability Engineering groups supporting area operations, to evaluate, prioritize, and process asset improvement ideas to improve capabilities.
- Providing the leadership that will drive transformation to align the department on the Mill Vision and develop a culture of ownership and accountability for achieving expected results.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Paper Science, Manufacturing or a related field
- 5 or more years of experience leading aspects of pulp or paper production processes
- Supervisory experience with responsibility for performance management
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with root cause failure analysis
- Experience working within a pulp and paper manufacturing operation
- Experience with PI or other data historian programs
- Experience with implementing structured and disciplined processes
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf