Georgia-Pacific in Philomath, Oregon is hiring a General Laborer. Successful employees in this role work collaboratively with a team to perform various manual tasks safely. General Laborers are responsible for the production of lumber while ensuring quality standards are upheld. To learn more about the type of products in Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products division makes, please visit www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operating a variety of equipment including forklifts, front end loaders, and air lances
- Contributing to a team environment by cross training on production equipment to relieve co-workers for breaks, learning to operate production equipment, and creating a safe workspace by maintaining cleanliness in assigned areas.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Willing and able to work in a loud/noisy, hot, dusty, greasy and high volume environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience or more working in the plywood, lumber, or timber industry
- Experience operating a forklift
Pay begins at $15.50 and employees may apply and be considered for operator positions with higher pay as openings arise.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf