Utility Production Worker
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Utility Production workers for our location in Emporia, VA. This is an entry-level production position with a starting rate of pay of $15.71 per hour. As a Utility Production worker, you will support machine operators by learning to safely operate the dryer, glue-line and grader machines that are used in the process of making Plywood. Utility Production workers are also responsible for operating small equipment and using tools (i.e. blowers, shovels, pitch forks, brooms) to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Learning to operate machinery to expected performance levels
- Acting as a relief operator to cover other employees' breaks and vacations
- Keeping the work area clean throughout the shift to ensure a safe and orderly work environment
- Assisting team members throughout the mill during production times
- Providing coverage for operators who are absent or on vacation
- Performing basic care duties such as preventative maintenance on machinery or repairing minor issues
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least six (6) months of previous work experience
- Other Qualifications:
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using a computer
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- One (1) year or more of experience working in the lumber, plywood, or timber industry
- Experience operating mobile equipment (e.g. forklifts, bobcats, cranes)
- One (1) year or more of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- At least six (6) months of work experience in a farming, carpentry, construction, or military environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf