Georgia-Pacific’s Neenah, WI iNNOVATION institute® is seeking a qualified individual to join our Maintenance team as a Millwright. This position will provide mechanical support for the entire facility which includes Offices, Research Facilities and the Pilot Plant. The Millwright creates value by ensuring reliability of equipment, upgrading equipment and facilities to help meet and exceed the facility’s goal of bringing the future to the present. This will be achieved by inspecting, troubleshooting, and diagnosing mechanical and/or system problems in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
At Georgia-Pacific, we value and recognize employees who are safety-mined, innovative, self-starters, and who challenge
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide mechanical maintenance services including installation, modifications, repairs, and setup for equipment and components
- Work within a flex-trade environment to complete a variety of tasks
- Operate material handling equipment, including hoists, lifts, rigging equipment, cranes, lift trucks and scissor lifts to complete mechanical installation, repairs, dismantling, and service of plant wide equipment
- Work within a team-based environment, that includes supervisors, maintenance personnel, engineers, technicians, contractors and operators, to plan preventative & corrective maintenance, identify parts required for the job, and document activities for the enhancement of mechanical maintenance within the facility
- Follow verbal and written instructions to include reading work orders/plans, schedules, operation manuals, blueprints, and technical documents for maintenance, system upgrades, remodels, machine installations and/or rebuilds that may involve proprietary technology
- Positively influence and cultivate our safety culture by demonstrating knowledge of safety regulations, with an emphasis on energy isolation, lockout, confined space entry and line breaking procedures
- Inspect, maintain, align and repair pumps, motors, couplings, drive shafts and associated mechanical power distribution equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Completion of a State Millwright Journeyman program which requires completion of a course with 7,600 hours of on-job-apprenticeship training
- Willing and able to work 7:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday with occasional overtime and on-call hours
- Willing and able to work at elevated heights and in confined spaces
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, dusty, wet and noisy industrial environments
- Willing and able to provide your own hand tools which must include metric and standard e.g.: socket and wrench sets, etc,
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience installing and repairing paper-making, paper converting, and/or plastics equipment
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing, aligning and rebuilding pumps / bearings
- Experience with metal and/or plastic fabrication
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf