Day Shift - Manufacturing Production Utility Worker
Day Shift - Manufacturing Production Utility Worker– Hosford, FL
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Production Utility Worker at our Hosford, FL OSB facility.
The Press Support-A creates value by troubleshooting and supporting the press area. The Hosford facility is located about 27 miles west of Tallahassee, the Capitol of Florida, and a short 30-minute drive to beautiful gulf coast beaches! Looking for nearby outdoor activities? Hosford is close to Lake Talquin Reservoir, the land of fishing, hunting and water sports- located on the Ochlocknee River between Leon County and Gadsden County! The starting wage for this position is $16.00 per hour. This position offers opportunities for advancement as new skills are acquired and as openings occur!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Using blowers, brooms, and other equipment to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery running smoothly, reducing safety and fire hazards, maintaining environmental controls, and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Working in various areas throughout the mill to help meet or exceed facility and company production and quality goals.
- Assisting team members throughout the mill as needed during the production of lumber.
- Working collaboratively as a team to meet or exceed production and quality goals while keeping waste at minimal levels.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Six (6) months’ work experience.
- Able to pull and lift up to 50 lbs.?
- Able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment?
- Able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day?
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as required?
- Able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment?
What Will Put You Ahead
- Do you have 1 year or more of experience driving and operating a forklift within an industrial or manufacturing environment?
- Have a minimum of two (2) years working in a manufacturing environment?
- Experience troubleshooting equipment?
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions?
- Experience working in a lumber or wood products environment?
- One (1) year or more of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf