This job posting is no longer active.
GROW YOUR FUTURE WITH KOCH FERTILIZER CANADA, ULC!
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth as a result of reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Based in Brandon, Manitoba, we synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 270 dedicated team members. Our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all our processes.
In accordance with our Collective Agreement, the successful applicant will be hired into this position at ‘L’ rate (currently $24.57/hour).All overtime is paid at double time. A $0.75/hour shift premium (based on a 12 hour shift rotation schedule) is also included as is a power engineering certificate premium of $1.00/hour for 4th class or $2.50/hour for 3rd class power engineering certificate holders.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure all plants operate safely and efficiently to maximize production without environmental impact
- Observe and record regular readings on daily log sheets and via a handheld data logging device
- Maintain a daily log with details of daily duties, assignments and other work
- Act as safety watchers for confined space entries and issue work permits
- Submit product and water samples to lab for analysis of pH and other characteristics
- Troubleshoot plant systems through regular inspections, loop isolations and maintenance identification
- Inspect equipment and machinery and communicate precise requirements for issuing work orders
- Participate in training as a member of the fire crew
- Use some special equipment such as pay loaders Perform other related duties as assigned
- Able to plan and utilize time management skills; detail-oriented; high level of integrity, honesty and professionalism
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
- Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Availability for shift work and emergency call out
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights
- Occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles
- Ability to pass pulmonary breathing test
- Ability to wear a gas mask-type respirator and PPE
- Tolerance to occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic/caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
- Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant and equipment
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
- Ability to travel to and enter site to access equipment
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least three (3) months of operating experience or related industrial experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (ie. GED) with emphasis on mathematics, chemistry and physics
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- able to work independently and to analyze trends
- Able to work independently
- Troubleshoot operations equipment issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
What will put you ahead:
- power engineering certificate (4th class or higher)
We offer a full extended benefits package including health and dental coverage, pension, and subsidized investment options, as well as nationally-competitive wages with a team that is committed to success!Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.Respectfully, we can only acknowledge those under consideration.
By applying to this position you are confirming that you possess valid Canadian work authorization.
This job posting is no longer active.