Area Reliability Manager
Area Reliability Manager – West Coast
Georgia-Pacific is recruiting a West Coast Area Reliability Manager to champion Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and continuous improvement programs across multiple corrugated converting operations. This is an exciting venture for an experienced manufacturing, reliability and continuous improvement leader. This key position provides the opportunity to leverage resources, innovative technologies and continuous improvement programs to strategically position the region for growth.This position will be home-based, and requires approximately 70% travel, supporting the following sites: California - La Mirada, Madera, San Leandro, Modesto, and Washington State – Olympia.
The Area Reliability Manager will lead these advancements across the five facilities listed above in the West Coast.This position reports to the Area Operations Leader. Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills, combined with the ability to motivate others to contribute at the highest level are a must.
Check out these videos/links to learn more about the Corrugated Business at Georgia-Pacific:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Advancing our company culture, Market Based Management
- Leading and fostering a safe work environment that values risk identification and personal ownership
- Effectively coach and influence, while seeking and sharing knowledge with others for learning and employee development
- Lead asset strategy for sites. Understand commercial requirements, use data to baseline equipment performance, benchmark to determine opportunities and develop resource allocation plans for targeted improvement. Leverage MX (Manufacturing Excellence) team resources and lead site reliability and operations teams to identify and execute OEE improvements for key assets
- .Lead site reliability and operations teams to identify and execute OEE improvements for key assets. Maintain Reliability Excellence program aligned with business goals and straggles for sustainable asset health.
- Identify opportunities to engage corp. reliability resources and consultants to advance maintenance processes, establish control plans and deliver world class performance
- Coach teams on prioritizing projects, building justification and meeting schedules and cost targets
- Lead innovation and technology advancement for sites. Seek, identify, and execute game changing bets.
- Assessing Equipment Criticalities and developing Asset Strategies to achieve cost effective reliability, availability, and performance of the plant equipment.
- Ensuring the facility’s assets are operating reliably, efficiently, and compliant with all safety guidelines and government regulations.
- Engaging with Capital and Project Engineering to review and recommend Design for Reliability considerations for new equipment installations and equipment upgrades.
- Developing 1-year and 3-year Reliability Tactical Plan Plans to improve equipment availability and performance.
- Supporting Maintenance in the development of forward-looking multi-year equipment replacement and overhaul plans.
- Identifying opportunities to use reliability best practices, technology, automation and Artificial Intelligence to promote cost effective asset care and performance.
- Supporting Maintenance in the review and rationalization and optimization of effective PM plans.
- Utilizes communication skills to establish partnerships across to the site to achieve plant performance goals.
- Working a flexible schedule, including occasional weekend duty as necessary to manage facility performance
- Lead area in root cause analysis and problem-solving methodologies
- Monitor and evaluate site execution and performance to parts, labor and extraordinary maintenance spend targets. Utilize data and seek best practices to optimize available resources
- Partner with DOs to ensure plant priorities are being executed effectively
- Develop data driven opportunities for improvement, align plant and MX resources, monitor execution to ensure progress
- Champion 4DX program for sites
- Leverage Continuous Improvement leaders to drive program at sites
- Mentor and ensure KPIs drive overarching goal attainment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of 7 years Plant/Operations Management experience in manufacturing
- Experience developing venture summaries to upgrade assets with reliability technology to eliminate failures
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading reliability initiatives and working with operations to identify equipment reliability issues
- Experience leading continuous improvement programs (examples: Lean, Six Sigma, 4DX)
- Willingness to travel up to 70%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or Advanced
- Experience with high speed manufacturing/continuous process operations
- Experience in implementing advanced technologies in manufacturing operations (RFID, remote monitoring, asset optimization
- Corrugated manufacturing experience
- Experience with optimization of equipment, process and systems to consistently out-perform OEM design
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf