Sr Engineer 1,Controls
What You Will Do In Your Role
Supervisory roles (30%)
• Lead and provide coaching to Engineers, Specialist or Technician. Train them to develop continuous improvement of Digital Systems to achieve agreed goal set.
• Responsible for leading key activities within the automation department.
• To conduct training, if applicable, to employees within the plant to ensure proper usage of the developed systems.
• Involves in task force or small group activities such as COPQ reduction with the GLSS team.
Technical roles (70%)
• Establish and manage project teams, identifying deliverables, time, and cost, setting priorities, and reporting to meet the needs of the business.
• New systems – responsible for working with Stamping, Molding, Plating, Assembly, QA, GLSS and ensuring the release for production use.
• Engage with stake holders for business needs (internal) and develop best fit solutions for the requirements.
• Design and develop new information dashboards.
• Ensure data accuracy of data moved to MII (Shop floor information system)
• Identify, specify, and introduce new manufacturing intelligence methods and opportunities into the company.
• Support MES related activities
• Develop, Improve and Maintain Data extraction, analysis, and custom reports.
• Manage the implementation of new MII modules from the Global Information Team.
• Responsible for equipment transfer to and from other entities, in terms of control systems and software
• Test and maintain all workflow systems, analyzing and documenting results
• Presenting frequent progress reports
• Continued education (attending conferences, reading publications, etc.) and staying on top of new technological developments and software programs
• Work closely with all operations to improve quality level of data and workflow.
• To comply to MBM Guiding Principles for the job carry out under his responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned by the Management.
The Experience You Will Bring
• Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering
• Minimum 5 years of related experience in technical project management
• Must have knowledge in computer systems, and high-level knowledge of software applications on PLC’s, vision control system with preferable experience in integrated manufacturing systems
• Must have high level knowledge of Industrial Networks architectures (Ethernet IP, Control Net & Profibus)
• Experience of working on an MES system will be a bonus
• Knowledge of machine control systems
• Working knowledge of OPC UA
• Proven scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
• Good networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
• Solid understanding of business process mapping
• Strong mathematical and engineering knowledge
What Will Put You Ahead
• Post graduate degree
• 3 years of experience in manufacturing environment.
• Experience with Beckhoff PLC (is an advantage)
• Good understanding of GAMP 5 guidelines