Director of Engineering
Flint Hills Resources is currently building our engineering capability and are looking for a talented Director of Engineering to join our Northeast Iowa Team. In this role you will have the opportunity to join a fast-growing bio-fuels business and help develop our engineering capability. This role will be part of a highly talented engineering and operations team with responsibility for multiple operating units. Including a plant with an advanced protein separation unit. The entire business is focused on innovation and upgrading our co-products. There is flexibility on the plant that the individual will office out of (Iowa Falls, Shell Rock, or Fairbank, IA).
Success in the role could lead to future senior engineering or operational leadership opportunities in the business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Have an active role in process optimization by developing fermentation, distillation and fired equipment process plans
- Responsible for the initiation and development of chemical/additive trials and capital project to improve the baseline performance of the facility
- Responsible for the execution of trails designed for the plant
- Coordinate and be responsible for the process and project engineers at the three site
- Provide mentorship in the development of engineers
- Responsible for oversight of the site's PSM execution (MOC Process, PSSR, PSI, PHA, MI, etc.)
- Develop and review Key Process Indicators to ensure plant is operating efficiently
- Key member of multiple site leadership team
The Experience You Will Bring
- 8+ years of experience in engineering or operations within a chemical process environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical degree related to fuel alcohol production
- Previous supervisory experience of professional staff
- 1+ year of experience in a Process Safety Management (PSM) covered facility
- Ability to respond to plant upsets outside normal business hours.
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Physical ability to work on and around industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders to 200 feet; and ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- Military leadership experience
- Fermentation process experience
- Experience in Protein Separation Technologies
- Distillation experience
- Process controls experience
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf