MAINTENANCE - CLASS B
Are you a self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven individual? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Millwright in Bay Springs, MS. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Following all safety and environmental guidelines
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, and repairing industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Performing periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail
- Maintaining operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
The Experience You Will Bring
- One or more of the following:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a mechanical maintenance position within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- One (1) year of experience in mechanical maintenance position within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment AND a two (2) year degree in a mechanical maintenance field
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience using a cutting torch and welding with an arc welder
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors
- Experience reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, and lubrication
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience troubleshooting in sawmill/lumber mill
- Experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience with fabrication
- Associate degree or higher in an industrial electrical or industrial mechanical field
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf