Georgia-Pacific is seekinga DRY END PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT for our Lumber Mill in Pineland, TX. This position will manage the dry end dimension lumber department.The Superintendent will be responsible for leading a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a batch manufacturing environment consistent with MBM® management philosophy and framework. They will support an approach to optimize the constraining process and machine centers.
The successful candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills and a drive to develop both their talents as well as those of their team members. They will be willing and able to work a flexible schedule, responding to challenging situations as they arise with an appropriate sense of urgency.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facilitate team development and growth, regularly reviewing and managing performance
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, monitoring the quality of team members’ work and providing them clear direction
- Fully utilize Work Process to develop job plans, track work completion, and promote effective preventive and predictive maintenance
- Build employee commitment and ownership, holding employees accountable for work and career development
- Analyze detailed data, planning for immediate needs as well as second- and third-order effects
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively identify hazards and implement the appropriate mitigating strategies based on the risk involved
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory or management experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Experience in leading a department or organization in EH&S, Reliability, Production, Cost and Quality Excellence
- Experience in analyzing production data to eliminate waste and foster continuous improvement
- Must have working knowledge and experience with MS Word, Excel, and the ability to learn various PC-based production and operations applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical engineering
- Supervisory experience in dry end operations, planning, and shipping
- Experience working with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) such as SAP, MP2, ActivePlant
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf