Georgia-Pacific is seeking a qualified Chemical Division Process engineer to lead process optimization efforts in the Chemical Division using all available data sources. and lead the integration of process analytical tools and to optimize and stabilize the Chemical Division’s manufacturing processes.The role will actively interface with all levels of the organization including leaders in Atlanta, leadership teams at multiple facilities in North and South America, and with GP’s Collaborative Support Center (CSC).This position will be the primary SME for formaldehyde manufacturing supporting multiple facilities in North and South America. The position reports to the OPEX Manager and will be based in Atlanta working out of the CSC near Georgia Tech and GP Center.50% travel is anticipated between eight North American facilities and two South American facilities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborate with GP’s CSC group to champion transformative chemical use cases and work with resources at the CSC to leverage their capabilities to improve process predictability and stability.
- Work with the facilities to identify opportunities and use cases that can be improved by leveraging the chemical division’s process data.
- In partnership with the CSC develop tools to provide actionable information to the facilities.
- Educate facilities on tools used by the CSC to transform manufacturing processes
- Monitor and evaluate site manufacturing execution and process performance.
- Advancing a Market Based Management (MBM®) culture
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and 3 or more years of experience within Manufacturing facilities
- Must have experience in leading Process improvement Projects.
- Experienced in Root Cause Analysis or other similar problem-solving tools.
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to work safely, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC-based production and operations applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3 or more years’ experience in Chemical manufacturing facilities (Formaldehyde manufacturing)
- Track record of achieving significant results in leading multiple initiatives across multiple sites
- Ability to institute and support process improvement initiatives
- Spanish language proficiency
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf