We are seeking an experienced and commercially minded Mechanical Design Engineer. This individual will be working in a small and highly professional team of 3D CAD draughts men, engineers and project managers to design pressure vessels, structural steelworks and piping systems for new skid mounted process systems. Most of these systems are destined for offshore oil and gas / chemical industry customers worldwide.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Efficiently produce precise and economic mechanical design data to support the team effort.
- Use the latest design software and be encouraged to learn, develop and innovate in these areas to keep Eta at the forefront in technology and maximise the benefits of integrated design.
- Use hand calculation supported by experience where appropriate and will be working with a range of materials i.e. Carbon Steel, Stainless and Duplex/Super Duplex Stainless Steels, GRE composites.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A mechanical engineering degree or HND and some years of relevant experience in vessel construction, piping and process design, oil and gas or similar areas.
- Experience in; Finglow Pressure Vessel Design Software, PV Elite/CodeCalc Pressure Vessel Design Software, CaesarII Pipe Stress Analysis Software, Staad.Pro or similar software suites.
- Good knowledge of pressure vessel codes and manufacturing practice: SME VIII Div. 1 ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Design Code (Div.2 would be desirable however we rarely design to this); PD5500 Specification for unfired fusion welded pressure vessels; BS EN 13445 Unfired Pressure Vessels; AISC ASD & LRFD; API 650.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Appreciation/basic knowledge of supplementary international design standards for onshore and offshore structures such as DNV, Norsok, ASCE, UBC, AWS, ASME/ANSI B16.5, ASME IX etc is highly desirable.
- Experience in project management would be an advantage.