The DevOps Engineer is responsible for ensuring our platforms meet our customers uptime and service needs, with software engineering tools and capabilities, not relentless toil. They are pragmatic, objective, and articulate, with strong communication and teamwork capabilities. We anticipate this role will ideally spend no more than 30 to 50% of their time on “ops” related work, and the rest of their time on software development to improve the scalability, reliability, and availability of these platforms. This team designs, deploys, and manages application and data platforms that make a connected world possible.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Kubernetes and other platforms
- Work closely with other engineers to solve technical challenges and ensure continued application scalability
- Define and own best practices for how engineering teams should consume and operate platform services
- Influence our infrastructure direction with your ideas
- Stay current with industry trends, systems, and practices to teach others to help them level up
- Build tools that empower self-service, software performance and system tuning
- Cultivate a code-first mindset and work to champion code-centric solutions throughout our department to improve velocity and deliverability
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 3 years of experience as an SRE, DevOps, Platform Engineering role
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS (VPC, EC2, EKS, RDS, S3)
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience, ideally building user facing tools and platform services, using programming languages like Go, Python, JS, Java, etc.
- Strong knowledge of fundamental protocols, such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS
- Experience with Agile workflows and methodologies
What Will Put You Ahead
- Fluency with Linux architecture, microservices and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience in the implementation and operation of data services (streaming data services, pub/sub, ML model serving and workflows)
- Firm understanding of reliability and observability of distributed systems
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf