Regional Procurement Specialist
We are looking for you to become our Regional Procurement Specialist to join our procurement team in Guardian Glass Egypt.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Daily checking of inventory of critical items/production consumables/ spares etc. as per agreed stock levels. Converting the items under list of re-order stock level in to purchase requests in Procurement system. Prepare daily procurement of parts and materials for assigned area of responsibility.
- Issuing RFQ’s/inquiries/tenders and obtaining quotations/offers through Procurement System OR by e-mails, Fax etc. Review catalogs, industry journals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other departments to locate necessary goods and services.
- Analyze quotations/contracts/AMC’s and make comparative statements/recommendations regarding awarding of contracts/projects etc. Confer with supplier representative to ensure full understanding of bid requirements and to keep familiar with new or revised products, price changes, or other information that could materially affect the purchasing of items.
- Issue of Purchase Orders to suppliers through Procurement System. Follow-up with suppliers of purchase orders for order acknowledgment and delivery schedules in due time. Keeping various Departments/Divisions updated the progress of their orders in case of delay in obtaining supplies.
- Maintaining the master vendor and commodity list in Procurement and Inventory systems. Develop and explore of reliable and alternate sources of supply.
- All purchases are made against properly authorized requisitions, and valid sanctions, showing the correct and detailed end-use.
- Ensure that right quantity of the goods consistent with the quality and the specification required is procured. Ensure all the deliveries of all goods are received within the stipulated period. Any claims due to shortages or any other discrepancies are settled promptly.
- Knowledge of INCOTERMS, Export & Import, Logistics, Taxation, Customs Clearance, Government Policies, Approvals from Authorities for DG items is required while dealing with overseas suppliers.
- Preparing the Reports/Presentations as on when required basis to support top management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience with the exposure in the fields of procurement, Contracts, Strategic Sourcing, Negotiations, Vendor Evaluations, Bidding Process, Commodity Trading, Inventory Management, Stores Management, Imports & Exports, Logistics etc.
- Competent in writing bid specifications, test materials, applying judgement, decision making, risk assessment, analyze and evaluate data, contract writing etc.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Effective communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external interested partie
- Proficiency in computer software, MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, word etc.), experience in Inventory systems etc.
- Flexibility to work well in a dynamic and demanding team environment. Supervisory skills with responsibility and accountability.