Lead Disposition Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in dimensional quality and prepared to develop the Dimensional Quality Group. Experience in leading change, continual development of processes, and the ability to adapt to change is necessary in this fast-paced role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for Advanced Product Quality Planning Disposition Phase activities as defined in the Product Development Procedure (PDP). Owner of the following PDP deliverables: measurement plans, measurement strategy delivery, disposition lead. Significant support in qualification plans, product parts approval process package. May take direction from more senior department members for critical or extraordinarily large programs.
- Involved in and drive the development of qualification plans, metrology processes, etc. Will lead disposition activities driving the decisions in CP11x drawing reviews and review of data measurements, defining the measurement strategy, and holding teams accountable for decision making of changing tool, product, or drawings.
- Performs statistical analysis for the qualification, control and continuous improvement of processes, products and equipment. Ensure the metrology/statistical data is understood by the Product Development team so the data can be used to drive appropriate decisions/action or seeks advice for more senior department members as needed.
- Uses interpersonal skills to reach consensus with team members when conflicts arise and work to maintain team cohesiveness through difficult team decisions. Solicits help if needed from other department resources to resolve issues. Ability to remain focused in a high-pressure environment is a must
- Ensures that product development and department procedures for quality are up to date and meet appropriate standards. Highlights gaps when discovered and suggests solutions to correct.
- Higher-level knowledge of measurement variation possible in stamping
- SRN (run notification) support for Lincoln Disposition Runs, and ways to optimize the process
- Linkage of Lincoln/Rochester Hills disposition work into Fusion
- Process Capability knowledge in stamping (growth in knowledge is ok)
- Open communication with Production Engineers and Quality Engineers within stamping
- Potentially longer-term assist in writing programs for smart scopes for measurements within Lincoln
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2 years experience in Product Development field of electrical connector systems in either design and/or dispositioning. Needs to have experience in product development and design.
- Strong organization skills to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload. The job function is one of coaching and supporting the needs to the Product Development.
- Strong problem-solving skills and use of techniques (5-why, IS/IS NOT, fishbone diagram, etc.)
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet and other Windows based software.
- Verbal and written communications skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas and exchange clearly and concisely.
- Basic statistical knowledge
- Strong understanding of fundamental dimensional control principles (datum coordination, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T, etc.)
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills; experience in a team-oriented work environment
- Lead and Drive continuous improvement on dimensional disposition process
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3-5 years in Automotive Quality Engineering or related field in a new product introduction environment.
- Advanced knowledge of 6 sigma tools, statistics and GD&T
- Design of Experiments training
- QS/TS16949 Internal auditing training
- Stamping/molding/assembly plant experience
- ASQC Certification (CQE)
- Metrology knowledge: Understand CT Scanning Capabilities and Limitations, understand all potential measurement methods of components
- Strong understanding of electrical connector part function
- Familiarity 3D and 2D tolerance analysis and plastic manufacturing processes
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.