Process Engineer- Pulping
Georgia-Pacific Foley Cellulose located in Perry, FL, is currently recruiting for a Process Engineer for the Pulping/Woodyard area. The Process Engineer role impacts the business by monitoring the process and recommending and implementing improvements to increase yield and improve costs. A successful candidate will be an influencer, an analytical and critical thinker, a problem solver and exceptionally organized. This role reports to the Back End Operations Leader.
The Foley mill, which has been in operation since 1954, has the capability to produce over 460,000 tons of Dissolving, Specialty and Fluff cellulose each year. Our fluff pulp is delivered to customers worldwide for a variety of high-end uses & converting technologies, including clothing, tires, shampoo, diapers, filters & towels. Perry, Florida is approximately 50 miles outside of Tallahassee - Florida’s state capitol and home to Florida State and Florida A&M Universities! It is also within short driving distance of several beautiful Gulf Coast sand beaches and an easy adventure to St. George’s Island for some fresh seafood and boating!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide technical assistance and transferring knowledge to optimizers, operators, maintenance and engineering
- Identify, investigate, recommend, and implement equipment improvements, new systems and process changes that will improve productivity, yield, quality and/or reduce costs
- Drive reliability and safety initiatives with operations, maintenance and engineering support
- Use the Venture Summary process to gain the resources needed to investigate and fix issues
- Utilize Production Planning Information Systems and data analysis to support gap identification
- Support operations to ensure prompt completion of project
- Work with the operations and maintenance teams to safely operate the chlorine dioxide generation unit, mill water treatment systems, tall oil recovery process, woodyard, 19 batch digester process, Brownstock Washing, Brownstock Screening process and bleach plant processes
- Interface with engineering to ensure ventures are delivered in a design for reliability state and that meet the business commitment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline OR four or more years of experience working within a manufacturing operation
- Experience using data analysis to identify gaps, to develop solutions, and help improve business results
- Experience leading and facilitating meetings
- Experience with MS Office: Word (create documents), Excel (formulas/graphing data) and Outlook (email/ schedule meetings)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience in a process engineering role
- Experience using PI or Process Explorer systems
- Previous experience developing action/ improvement plans to address operational gaps
- Experience within a chlorine dioxide generation unit, mill water treatment systems, tall oil recovery process, woodyard, 19 batch digester process, Brownstock Washing, Brownstock Screening process and bleach plant processes
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf