Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Boiler Superintendent at the Taylorsville, MS Plywood facility. This role will provide Boiler/ Utility department management and engineering. Provide design/technical expertise to support capital investments up to $1MM in the boiler and utility department. Boiler Superintendents are for multiple employees in operations, maintenance, engineering and safety while maintaining environmental compliance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Strategy – Assist in creation of capital plans, identify investment cost, identify and create tools to measure success and check points; Provide point of view on prioritization overall Capital investment plan, return on investment, savings, quality improvement, production output, internal and external resources, execution timing, risk and all other aspects of value creation project(s) may yield.
- Compliance – Lead Environmental compliance projects and ongoing boiler operation improvement projects related to the boilers and auxiliary systems. Company standards and expectations are followed through project completion.
- Subject Matter Expert – Provide guidance to plant teams, discuss progress with Senior Leadership, present analytical data validating project priority/status, implement existing/new technology that will enhance processes, quality, and/or product yield; and identify and gain endorsement for scope and deliverable changes necessary to ensure success.
- Daily Oversight – Provide direct support to field teams, manage escalations to resolution, report out on safety successes/failures, regularly report on tracking metrics, reprioritization and reallocation of resources as appropriate, assist in creating plan adjustments where applicable, consistently apply knowledge acquired across entire plant as needed and when applicable.
- Vendor Management – Identification, assessment of services for understanding and alignment of GP’s Market Based Management® approach to doing business, and escalations.
- Leadership – Technical coach to plant teams, influence senior leadership to best business outcomes, increase Market Based Management® understanding across project teams, leverage Risk Management System in emphasizing safety commitment among project teams.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Five (5) or more years of experience in an industrial manufacturing or military environment
- Three (3) or more years of experience in boiler or steam plant operations
- Thorough understanding of thermodynamics and combustion principles
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of heat transfer
- Proficient using Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Willingness to work in areas without climate control for extended periods of time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical or Mechanical
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf