Application Systems Analyst, IT
The application systems analyst is a key IT team member who provides technical expertise to ensure successful IT project delivery, enhancements, as well as high-quality day-to-day application support.The candidate of this role is expected to constantly absorb new knowledge and develop new skills, by self-innovate and transform, to continually identify opportunities and apply new technologies in real-life working environment in order to solve problems, eliminate waste and create long-term value. Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving abilities will be required, while good communication skills are also needed to the success of this role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- As a member of global IT organization, working with internal customers, IT staff and external parties to identify, design and implement solutions that support our business and operation.
- Understand existing and emerging technologies to drive application roadmaps that align with IT vision in support of corporate vision.
- Network across different teams in sites to understand direction, key challenges that can be addressed through new digital technology and seek to solve problems with IT technologies and solutions.
- Performing analysis and effective diagnosis of issues and manage day-to-day client relationships.
- Proactively identifying areas of risk and improvement opportunities to prevent issues or optimize support experience.
- Coordinating with other IT and Business partners to perform routine maintenance such as patches, upgrades, changes releases, etc., with reduced impact to the business.
- Participating in an on-call support rotation which provides technical support twenty-four hours a day for critical issues.
- Effectively managing the communication with business partners and project stakeholders from different levels of organization.
- Having the courage to challenge and escalate as necessary.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years or above working experience in IT area
- Advanced knowledge in relational databases and SQL programming tools and techniques (SSIS, SSRS, etc.).
- Some knowledge in common programming languages and web development (for example: .NET, Java, Python, etc.).
- Technical knowledge in systems architecture and interfaces.
- Bilingual skills - Good English and Chinese skills (oral and written)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge in emerging technologies such as edge computing, big data and machine learning will be a plus.
- Experience with project management will be a plus