GROW YOUR FUTURE WITH KOCH FERTILIZER CANADA, ULC!
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth as a result of reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Based in Brandon, Manitoba, we synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 270 dedicated team members. Our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all our processes.
What You Will Do In Your Role
In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the successful applicant will be hired into this position at ‘M2’ rate (currently $39.63/hour) and receive a Pay for Knowledge premium of $0.50/hour if a Red Seal holder. All overtime is paid at double time.
As a Crane Operator you will:
- Operate a variety of material-moving equipment (up to and including a 30-ton Crane, forklift, loader, grader, onsite vehicles etc.) to accomplish work order goals according to the Supervisor or job task requirements.
- Inspect all equipment before operating and perform minor repairs and maintenance when applicable. Enter service request for mechanical repairs when self-repairs are not feasible.
- Adhere to all safety requirements as well as government standards and regulations.
- Inspect and inventory rigging equipment (Slings, chokers, chain falls, come- a -longs etc.)
- Maintain a cleanly and organized equipment storage building
- Work along side contractor crane operators when required
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
- Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Availability for emergency call out
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights
- Occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles
- Ability to pass pulmonary breathing test
- Ability to wear a gas mask-type respirator and PPE
- Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant and equipment
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
- Ability to travel to and enter site to access equipment
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds
- Strong commitment to safety, environmental compliance, and plant reliability
The Experience You Will Bring
- Interprovincial Red Seal Crane Operator certification
- High school diploma or equivalent (ie. GED)
- At least three (3) years of related industrial experience
- Valid Class Five (5) driver’s license
- Demonstrated computer skills including experience working with maintenance programs such as Maximo
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.Respectfully, we can only acknowledge those under consideration.
By applying to this position you are confirming that you possess valid Canadian work authorization.