Vice President, Product Management & Product Marketing
This job posting is no longer active.
Sentient Energy (www.sentient-energy.com), a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), has established itself as an electric utility industry leader with its uniquely capable “Grid Analytics System”, consisting of several intelligent sensor product lines and software packages, that expand the visibility into critical operating conditions on the electric power grid. Global utilities already spend billions annually on distribution automation products, with strong growth expected over the next 5 years as the industry prepares for a rapid increase in solar, electric vehicle and other renewables penetration. Sentient Energy is positioned to capitalize on this trend and be a leader in the most rapidly growing sector of the Smart Grid, while making the delivery of power more reliable, safer, lower cost, and much “greener”.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead product management team and build product marketing function at high growth, sustainable High Tech company backed by Koch Industries that saves power, cost, resources and lives
- Generate and maintain the company’s strategic and tactical product roadmap and guide the company towards delivery against it
- Own the definition, delivery, customer and financial success of the company’s products and solutions
- Define and execute the company’s product marketing team build out, approach and success criteria
- Identify and lead exploitation of expansion opportunities across customers, markets and industry developments
- Work with executive peers and the CEO to determine product and solution strategies that meet and exceed the company’s strategic objectives
- Help leading utilities serve communities better, cheaper, safer
- Reports directly to the company’s Founder and President
- Develop/maintain a strong product management team that understands customer needs (grid operators, engineers, line crews, and executives) and prioritizes product features and use cases accordingly.
- Lead product managers’ synthesis requirements across customers into product/solution requirements, prioritized roadmap and product strategy
- Develop frameworks and manage processes for product managers to:
- analyze market size and windows by offering (product/solution)
- Develop & maintain business cases for the customer’s use of the product/solution, and Sentient’s business case for offering
- Develop value-based pricing, margin targets; manage price variations with sales
- Develop and maintain competitive benchmarking & strategy
- Evaluate third party companies and solutions and drive build/buy/partner decisions
- Partner with engineering and customer operations teams to deliver high quality solutions that meet/exceed customer needs
- Build a strong product marketing team that develops compelling product marketing materials targeted at key customer buyer and user profiles
- Develop frameworks and manage processes for product marketing managers to:
- Develop product & solution brochures, launches, ppt’s, customer success cases, webinars, email campaigns, customer acquisition
- Compelling customer use case and business case white papers and materials
- Develop materials for and support company presence and presentation at trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Provide product guidance to executive peers and support CEO’s development of company vision and strategy
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years of product management leadership experience in the energy or utility Industry or with Distribution Grid software or hardware vendors
- Technical understanding of overall electric operations systems, including electric power systems, distribution automation, and distributed control systems and communications
- Demonstrable experience with building, managing and maintaining high performance product management and product marketing teams.
- Strong product management experience with positioning, managing full product lifecycles, pricing and creating business plans.
- Strong product marketing experience, creating content and materials for use across all communications channels that readily communicate customer use cases and business cases
- Bachelor’s Degree
What Will Put You Ahead
- Masters Degree of MBA
- 10+ years of product management leadership experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.