Senior Software Engineer
Molex LLC is a leading supplier of interconnect solutions for the automotive, medical, consumer electronics, and datacom industries that link today’s world and solve tomorrows challenges. Molex is seeking a world class, self-directed Senior Software Engineer to build software solutions from the ground up to support the development, manufacturing, and testing of cutting edge high-speed electrical interconnects. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas including scientific programming, information/databases, cloud computing, test & verification, machine learning, and UI design.
At Molex you will work with tools such as Python, Qt, AWS, Conda, Docker, Artifactory, Jenkins, etc to make the entire engineering organization more effective. As a software engineer you will have visibility into every other engineering team and will work collaboratively with other team members, various design groups, and our global manufacturing centers to build software solutions to solve challenges in any areas of the business. To succeed in this role a candidate must utilize entrepreneurial thinking and a strong passion for software engineering.
This role is open to remote or work from home candidates.
What you will do in your role.
- Utilize software expertise and entrepreneurial thinking to address challenges in any area of the business including design, manufacture, test, verification, and more
- Work closely with electrical, mechanical, and SI engineers to design and build Python software solutions to test and verify high-speed, functional, and low-speed electrical performance of 112Gbps interconnect solutions
- Work closely with Manufacturing Integration Engineers (MIE’s) to identify opportunities and create desktop software (Python, C#, tcl) to streamline, optimize, and add capabilities to our global manufacturing centers
- Collaborate with the various engineering teams to identify and build Python software to improve the engineering design process through enhanced design tools, data analysis tools, and various engineering efficiency tools
- Mentor team members and others on software architecture and design best practices
- Show a strong passion for learning and software to ensure skills are kept up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Collaborate with our global manufacturing centers to ensure released software is well supported and issues are addressed quickly
- Evaluate new opportunities for software solutions to solve existing problems by actively engaging with teams throughout Molex including marketing, design, manufacturing, and quality teams
- Mentor team members and engineers from other disciplines on software best practices, data processing, basic Python scripting, and more
- Track and analyze feature requests, bug reports, etc to meet and exceed our customers needs
- Contribute to and improve our build/test/CI+CD systems to enhance team’s efficiency and capabilities
The experience you will bring.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering/development
- Experience building desktop application or modern cloud solutions
- B.S. Degree in Systems/Computer Engineering/Computer Science
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf