Koch Methanol, LLC is seeking a motivated and self-driven Operations Technician for our Greenfield St. James, LA facility. The successful candidate will support operations, maintenance and management of a Methanol terminal consisting of shipment & receipts. The individual will be involved with the safe handling of transfers& storage of Methanol, shipments via truck, rail and vessel and assist with the maintenance of the facility. The Operations Technician will assist the Operations Supervisor with developing documentation to support LDAR, PSM, RMP, and environmental compliance & safety programs. The Operations Technician will be responsible for assisting with commissioning and startup activities of the terminal, as well as day to day operations on a rotating shift schedule.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perpetuate a culture of safety, quality, and reliability with all colleagues, contractors, and guests in the facility
- Ensures all work is completed safely to achieve the required quality and schedule
- Manages unplanned breakdowns ensuring appropriate planning and controls are incorporated into each event
- Terminal Compliance and recordkeeping
- Terminal up-keep and maintenance
- Safe product storage and movement
- Emergency response team member
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year or more of experience in an operational or maintenance role
- Willing and able to work a rotating shift including weekends, holidays and overtime
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically in Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Valid driver's license
- Willing and able to climb stairs, ladders and work at heights up to 100ft
- Willing and able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Willing and able to work in an environment with occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles
- Ability to be medically approved to participate in the respiratory protection and hazmat programs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with chemical shipping & storage equipment
- Experience with the equipment needed for the Methanol storing and transfer process
- Knowledge of LDAR, PSM, EH&S compliance, and operations or related chemical type facilities
- Construction/Projects background
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf