Electrical Asset Health Remote Engineer (CSC)
The Collaboration and Support Center (CSC), located in midtown Atlanta at Tech Square, was developed to provide greater remote support to Georgia-Pacific (GP) manufacturing operations. The CSC team partners with operating facilities by providing collaboration and support across multi-disciplines of expertise (GP and Vendors) to achieve scale-able problem solving across manufacturing sites and businesses. The team uses the best available technology with an enterprise wide approach and primarily focuses in the areas of Asset Health, Process Safety, and Process Optimization. We are currently seeking qualified professionals to fill the role of Electrical Asset Health Remote Engineer to support our asset health monitoring of multiple GP sites.
Individuals in this space will need good technical skills, communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team to solve problems. This center will evolve and grow through time so the ability to be flexible and adapt as the CSC adapts to business needs will be a key capability. A successful individual in this role must be willing to take personal initiative to understand unit operations, gain relevant knowledge, engage SME's and must be able to work both individually and as a part of a team in a dynamic environment. He / she must also be responsible and responsive to the needs of the sites that operate 24/7.
We are seeking Electrical or Mechanical Engineers, preferably with experience in majority of the areas below:
- Electrical Reliability Engineering
- Data Analysis
- Troubleshooting Electrical Related Issues
What You Will Do In Your Role
Although employees are expected to flow to the work and adapt to shifting priorities due to business needs a typical day in the life is listed below:
- Review alerts from models deployed on equipment and continually develop the ability to drill down to root cause.
- Communication of new and worsening issues to the mill in a timely manner with as much detail as possible.
- Growth of relationships external and internal to the CSC by being available and attentive to their needs.
- Expansion of current knowledge through exposure, SME’s and personal research.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 2 or more years of experience in working within an electrical maintenance, equipment reliability or electrical engineering focused role within an industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience with Discrete Manufacturing on Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's), encoders, photo eyes and associated troubleshooting
- Experience applying various reliability strategies
- Experience leading and/or participating in Root Cause Analysis (RCA's) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA's)
- Experience using Functional Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience communicating technical information with people of varying levels of experience and backgrounds
- Willing and able to travel 25% of the time to build relationships with mills and new installs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working within paper making, pulping, and/or utilities operations
- Experience with relays from OEM's such as SEL, Multilin, and ABB
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drive OEM's such as Eaton, Rockwell, or Yaskawa
- Experience applying Electrical Signature Analysis (ESA)
- Experience with data management systems such as PI or Ignition
- Experience in Utilities in power distribution, turbines, and compressed air
- Experience working on Motor and Drive theory and failure modes
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf