Reliability Maintenance Technician
Georgia-Pacific’s Packaging facility in Owosso, MI has immediate openings for 2nd (3 pm-11 pm) and 3rd shift (11 pm-7 am) Reliability Maintenance Technicians. Training will take place on 1st shift. These positions start at $24.81 an hour.
Our Reliability Maintenance Technicians work as a team sharing and applying knowledge to meet facility production goals and to increase capabilities. If you want to work for an industry leader and for a company whose core values include safety, integrity, compliance, and fulfillment, apply today!
**This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of $4,000**
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems and repair and maintain all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturers specifications, including but not limited to:
- pneumatic components
- conveyor systems
- programmable logic controls (PLCs)
- production machines
- Use hand tools, power tools and precision-measuring devices and testing instruments
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing or military environment
- Experience with 480 voltage
- Experience reading electrical schematics/mechanical drawings
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to provide your own metric and standard tools e.g.; socket and wrench sets, and Allen T-handles
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) year technical degree or higher in an electro-mechanical field
- Two (2) or more years of electrical experience in a manufacturing or military environment
- Experience referencing the National Electric Code (NEC) or National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) standards on the job
- Experience troubleshooting PLCs
- Completed electrical coursework
- Certification in the electrical field
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We specialize in produce, poultry, and bulk containers. With our expertise in direct print and lithographic multi-color boxes, we provide cost-effective corrugated packaging systems for virtually any product. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf