Do you enjoy working in a team environment where the focus is safety? If you do, you might be Georgia-Pacific’s next Forklift Operator! Georgia-Pacific is looking to hire efficient and safety-focused Forklift Operators for our Albion, MI facility. Forklift Operators create value by facilitating the movement of product through the facility to ensure accurate and timely delivery of our products to both internal and external customers. Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong commitment to safety standards and knowledge of forklift operations.
Candidates for this role must be available to work any shift: 1st, 2nd and 3rd, as well as overtime, weekends and holidays. The most likely shift assignment will be 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) or 3rd shift (11pm-7am).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Conduct required pre-operating checks on forklift and equipment
- Safely operating forklift and/or other machinery to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products in a high traffic environment
- Perform basic preventive maintenance on mobile equipment
- Load and unload materials using handheld bar code scanners
- Complete shipping documentation both manually and with the use of a computer software system
- Work with a team to accomplish goals and managing job assignments
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months of experience driving and operating a forklift within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to sit for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year or more of experience driving and operating a forklift within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience working within the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience using a computer for basic record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience using a Radio Frequency (RF) scanner
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf