Flexo/Die Cut Operator - Converting
If you are looking to work for a company that will value your input and knowledge, and has a positive, team-oriented environment, then look no further because Georgia-Pacific is the place for you! We do not just offer you a job, we will offer you a career that will allow you to grow. The perfect opportunity awaits you to start your career as a Flexo Folder Gluer/Die Cutter Operator at our corrugated packaging facility in Waxahachie, Texas. This role is a skilled position, which requires teamwork and the willingness to accomplish one common goal: to safely produce quality product from the converting department. We offer shift differentials on 2nd and 3rd shifts!
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products for various industries. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific and our corrugated facilities please visit us at: http://www.gppackaging.com/
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support our safe working environment by wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and following Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO) safety procedures
- Work and display safe work behavior per our environmental, health, and safety rules
- Follow our quality processes and procedures and adherence to best run settings
- Mount printing plates and cutting dies, and registering to specifications
- Setting knives, panel sizes, and performing quality checks per the required specifications
- Adhere to order quantities requested by the customer per specifications
- Cross-train on other machines
- Assist with weekly cycle counting and monthly inventory
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience operating a Flexo Folder Gluer, Die Cutter, or similar industrial machinery
- Experience using a computer
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment (PPE)
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience within the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with quality checks
- Knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and ability and understanding of measurement tools (caliper, micrometer, tape measure, etc.)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf