Koch Ag & Energy Solutions (KAES) is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven Settlement Analyst to provide execution of the natural gas settlement accounting and related analysis activities to support our Koch Energy Services (KES) business. This position will require someone who has a passion for customer focus, influential problem-solving skills and enjoys learning and leveraging technology to transform efficiency and effectiveness. Settlement Analysts within KAES are involved with business transactions and decisions and interact with a diverse group of people within accounting, information technology, trading, marketing, operations, risk, and other Koch companies. Additionally, you will gain a solid understanding of the company you support, including profit drivers, industry, competitors, and the market in which the business competes. This role will be an integral part of the business teams.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly settlement of physical and paper trading activity (Accounts Payable/Receivable)
- Coordinate with counterparties to resolve invoice reconciliation discrepancies proactively and timely with others across capabilities including scheduling and trading team to improve overall customer experience Assure accuracy and integrity of activity recorded in general ledger
- Assist with generation of invoicing statements and cash forecasting, communicating progress with settlements lead and accounting team
- Work within accounting team on responsibilities during busy times with cross training, ad-hoc reporting, audit inquiries, and process improvements
- Prepare regulatory filings for various government entities
- Develop an understanding of the market structure and build relationships with internal and external counterparties, traders, position managers, operations and other KES capabilities
- Reconcile commodity activity between facility statements and ETRM system to ensure data integrity, as well as communicating impacts to commercial and accounting teams
- Understand contract details, fees, rates, and payment schedules to ensure all items for payment are captured in a timely manner
- Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements around settlement and accounting processes using sustainable technology solutions
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with trading standards and other compliance requirements
- Assist with related projects and analysis
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required at times
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with accounting or business analysis
- Experience working with diverse groups such as accounting, operations, or IT
- Excel skills (complex functions/graphing) and proficiency in other Microsoft products such as Outlook, Power Point, and Word
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a business-related field
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with commodity trading and trading fundamentals in natural gas industry
- 1+ years Commodity Settlement experience
- OpenLink Endur or similar ETRM system experience
- Alteryx, Tableau, RPA (robotic process automation) experience
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf