Georgia-Pacific is searching for a Shipping Coordinator to join the team at the Corrugated Martinsville Packaging plant. This role is responsible for interacting with customers daily by scheduling deliveries and communicating any order changes. They will also coordinate with logistics on shipments and mange inventory for effective production review and planning; as well as prioritizing and delegating product movement among shipping department employees. We are looking for someone who can thrive in a fast paced environment and exhibits strong problem solving and decision making skills. If this sounds like you, apply today!
This role is second shift (Monday through Friday 3pm to 11pm).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Plan and direct shipping department on assigned shift while ensuring accuracy of shipping documents
- Prepare all necessary paperwork for shipments
- Ensures timely shipping schedules are met
- Maintaining safe work environment and ensure compliance with all safety practices
- Ensure that all outbound shipments are timely and meet customer orders
- Provide coaching and direction to your on-shift team members
- Exchange information regularly with supervisors, employees, and contract carriers
- Work with on-site carrier to ensure on-time deliveries
- Exhibit strong problem solving, decision making and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure correct inventory by performing stock takes and Elapsed time reports
- Work with off-site warehouse to ensure timely planning and shipment of call-offs
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One of more years of shipping and receiving experience
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Willing and able to work second shift, as well as weekends and holidays when needed
- Willing and able to work in a manufacturing environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, dusty and non-air conditioned or unheated areas
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two or more years of shipping and receiving experience
- Kiwi Plan software experience
- Microsoft Teams experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf