Business Intelligence Developer
This job posting is no longer active.
We are building something new and valuable, a tax data platform that enables efficient and repeatable data collection across our enterprise and makes many types of data available for reporting that was not previously possible.Developing this new platform in support of our Tax Innovation Vision will be critical to our success as a Tax team at Koch Industries.A Business Intelligence developer on our team will be empowered to pursue value through data delivery across a broad spectrum of Tax teams and upstream business partners.In this role, you will be expected to build critical data and analytics processes, provide best practice guidance, as well as creating governance methods that ensure that we maximize the long-term value of our work.
As a Business Intelligence developer on our team, your major responsibilities will include:
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions
- Guide development of governance and best practice processes
- Collaborate with business partners to integrate systems
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Perform and supervise detailed data research and analysis; investigate, troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues
- Recommend and implement resolutions for continuous data quality process challenges
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external key technology partners and providers
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Effective verbal and written communicator using appropriate consideration for audience level of engagement and understanding
- Self-manage your backlog of work with balanced attention to project timelines and long-term value capture
- Capable of efficiently converting customer needs into actionable assignments for project partners
- Desire to foster internal and external resources that support the data platform development
- Be able to apply economic value principles for the identification of process improvement opportunities
- Demonstrate high initiative for automation and innovation
- Regularly communicate knowledge of new industry and technology developments that enhance team and community value
- BS degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Accounting, a related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ in business systems analysis
- Demonstrated economic thinking in project valuation
- Experienced user of data prep tools (Alteryx, Talend, Tableau Prep, etc.)
- Experience with advanced data storage and analytics (Relational SQL, ETL, Data Lakes, BI platform(s), etc.)
- Familiar with enterprise data warehouse methodology such as how to build dimensions, fact tables, and associated jobs
- 3+ years’ experience working in tax, accounting, business analytics, or related field
- Experience with cloud environments especially Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Robotic Process Automaton (RPA) tools (Automation Anywhere, UiPath, etc.)
- System and Security Administration experience
- Blockchain knowledge and/or experience
Why work for Koch Companies?
- A culturethat places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Access to professional training and mentoring
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions rather than seniority
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Based in Wichita, KS, Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $110 billion, according to Forbes. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining, chemicals, grain processing and biofuels; forest and consumer products; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; electronic components; commodity trading; minerals; energy; ranching; glass; and investments. Since 2003, Koch companies have invested approximately $80 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 120,000 people worldwide, with about 70,000 of those in the United States. From January 2009 to present, Koch companies have earned more than 1,200 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation, and customer service. For more news and stories, visit www.kochnews.com.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This job posting is no longer active.