Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team in Mt. Olive, IL. This will be a 2nd Shift (3 PM – 11 PM) position supporting our corrugated facility. The ideal candidate will be self-driven individuals with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus.
To learn more about the GP Corrugated Business, check out these videos/links:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality
- Strictly adhere to plant safety and housekeeping efforts
- Ensure all employees are working in a safe manner
- Coach, train, and develop operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills
- Ensure quality expectations are followed and met on a daily basis
- Ensure best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers
- Address key issues and concerns and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production
- Identify repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for completion; follow up as required
- Track continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure
- Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; communicate issues and results on a daily basis
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience working in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Willing and able to promote safe work practices and maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, business, or engineering
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in a supervisory role
- Experience working in a corrugator and/or converting facility
- Experience supervising employees within the packaging industry
- Experience working with KIWI application
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel (create/modify spreadsheets), Word (create/modify documents), and PowerPoint (prepare/present presentations)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf