MATERIALS MANAGEMENT MATERIAL HANDLER
Maintain precise and continuous flow of product throughout our production facility in a timely and efficient manner, while maintaining our inventory accuracy objectives in our MRP system.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Full comprehension of product locations and movement of same
- Acute awareness of product transfers and MRP system transactions where applicable
- Pivotal role in maintaining inventory accuracy objectives
- Communicate in a prompt manner either verbally, electronically or by any other means to ensure that product count discrepancies are rectified immediately
- Receipt of parts into inventory and movement of it to stock locations or points of use locations
- Preparation of finished goods for shipment to the customer.To include a full understanding of each customer’s expectations of bar coding, advanced shipping notification (where applicable)
- Accurate monitoring of Kanban locations
- Conduct cycle counts and report results to Master Scheduler and/or planner
- Work closely with Master Scheduler and/or planner on the coordination of phase in and phase out production activity to prevent excess and obsolete inventory
- Support the coordination of production schedules with our preventive maintenance program
- Maintain and follow all safety standards and regulations
- Maintain and follow all forklift standards
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to operate forklift and other material handling equipment; previous forklift certification a plus
- Familiarization with inventory control
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to computers and keypunching
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion
- Frequently required to stand and walk; use hands to finger fine manipulation, handle, and feel; reach with arms and hands above head; talk and hear
- Frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or sit
- Specific vision requirements: close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf