Koch Minerals & Trading is looking for an Accountant to join our team in Wichita, KS. The Accountant role is by nature fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging. The successful candidate in this role will be team-oriented with a high level of motivation and ownership, have strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, and a strong desire to improve and automate processes to reduce manual effort and increase analytical focus. Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), the ability to work and research with high attention to detail and work under pressure at times is a must.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage and monitor daily accounts receivable and or accounts payable processes
- Process invoices and/or cash applications timely, accurately and efficiently
- Actively report, monitor, and collect outstanding invoices by building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers
- Perform various reconciliation activities and research associated with reconciling items (e.g. general ledger account reconciliations, settlement discrepancies, etc.)
- Provide meaningful analysis to the business to improve business decision making
- Understand processes and drive improvements on a continual basis; seek out improvements to remove the manual work to increase analytical focus
- Assist with administration activities for accounts payable workflow processes
- Understand upstream and downstream processes and collaborate with the involved teams
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers, both international and domestic
- Share knowledge across the business and adhere to Koch Minerals and Trading's Market Based Management philosophy
- Exercise full compliance with Koch Minerals and Trading standards and constantly work to strengthen the control environment
- May be required to work rotating holidays due to international support
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a business-related degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel/Power Point – spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis, formula creation, and queries, presentations)
- Ability to apply fundamental accounting concepts and principles
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of settlement, reconciliation, and/or collateral processes
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Power BI, Alteryx or other tools utilized to query, automate and analyze data
- Knowledge of commodity trading and trading fundamentals
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf