Heavy Equipment/Calcine Operator
If you’re looking to work for a company that will value your input and knowledge, that has a positive, team-oriented environment, then look no further because Georgia-Pacific is the place for you! We won’t just offer you a job, we’ll offer you a career that will allow you to grow and innovate as an individual and benefit your community.
The perfect opportunity awaits you to start your career as a Calcine Operator at our McQueeney, TX Gypsum facility.
Starting pay for this position is $18.00 per hour.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working on a production line operating machinery to expected performance levels
- Collaborating with the team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Ensuring that machines are set up properly and performing optimally
- Troubleshooting and making adjustments to equipment as needed
- Performing various basic asset care duties and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Cleaning work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year or more of working experience
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Willing and able to work around and operate moving or heavy equipment
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts to include nights, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Experience operating a wheeled front-end loader
What Will Put You Ahead
- High school diploma or GED
- Six (6) months or more of experience in a manufacturing, farming, distribution, industrial, production or military environment
- Experience identifying, analyzing and troubleshooting quality issues
- Experience managing inventory of raw materials
- Experience operating moving or heavy equipment
- Experience troubleshooting equipment issues
- Experience working with construction materials, e.g.: lumber, gypsum, plaster, brick, insulation, etc
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf