Robotics Product Engineer
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies - Robotics Product Engineer
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
We are searching for an energetic engineer and technical expert to play a key role in our Applications Engineering team. In this role, you will interface with the field sales force and be responsible for supporting the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. Working in conjunction with the business development team as the key technical advisor and product advocate, you will identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
Our Guiding Principles of Humility, Integrity, Respect, Knowledge, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Self-Actualization, and Stewardship & Compliance define the Genesis culture. If those virtues are in your DNA, then please send us your resume.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Listen, understand, and convey customer requirements to internal stakeholders
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Maintain expert level knowledge on our products and applications
- Solve technical problems through collaborating closely with the product development and simulation teams to develop the answers
- Provide design and specification development support to our product development team
- Respond to questions from customers regarding technical details of our products and technologies
- Provide in-depth technical support to the business development team
- Participate in meetings with customers as technical support
- Write proposals and presentations to support customer meetings
- Set up and attend trade shows (once a year)
- International travel to assist customers (two to three times a year)
- Be an active contributor in all areas helping where necessary for the team and the projects; Yes, sometimes also helping in the kitchen!
The Experience You Will Bring
- Technical degree in Engineering Sciences or Engineering Physics
- 10+ years of experience in robotics, automation, or related engineering fields
- Experience in working with customers in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a wide range of audience
- Fully capable of explaining complex technologies and system designs clearly and concisely
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong electromechanical aptitude – hands-on attitude
- Superior analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Current with industry trends and technologies
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience as an applications, sales, or pre-sales engineer, or similar customer-facing experience in a highly technical environment
- Experience with Delta robots and articulated robot arms
- Working technical fluency in German, Japanese, or French is an asset
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 100+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/17962496/
See more at our website: https://genesisrobotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg