Test Equipment Operator
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies – Test Equipment Operator
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
Genesis is seeking a Test Equipment Operator to support ongoing innovation within our testing team. You will work directly with our robotic actuator technology (motors and gears). You should come with direct experience working with and testing rotating machinery.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operation of test rigs for motor and gearbox testing.
- Summarize, analyze, and communicate test results to key stakeholders.
- Investigate, diagnose, and troubleshoot test equipment to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Support the calibration of instrumentation and maintain a calibration records database.
- Perform test equipment inventory management and update the spares database accordingly.
- Support installation and commissioning of new test equipment.
- Perform and schedule maintenance tasks, creating and updating maintenance records.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with operating, verifying, and modifying test equipment in an industrial environment.
- A good balance of conceptual and practical knowledge in an industrial, testing, or R&D type environment.
- 5+ years of experience in machining, mechanical assembly, or dynamic testing.
- Experience using common shop tools such as calipers, micrometers, and dial gauges.
- Experience working with measurement devices such as thermocouples and accelerometers.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using SolidWorks.
- Strong understanding of GD&T.
- Experience in problem resolution tools (8D / 5 Why) and techniques.
- Knowledge of shaft alignment techniques: dial indicator / laser shaft alignment.
- Experience working on electrical and mechatronic systems.
- Practical, technically minded person who enjoys being on the shop floor.
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 100+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/17962496/
See more at our website: https://genesisrobotics.com/ and our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg